Kenda – A Global Leader
It was 1962, in the countryside of Yuan-Lin, Taiwan when former teacher, Mr. Chi-Pao Yang, established the guiding principles the company would operate on, Honesty, Quality, Service, and Innovation. More than 55 years later, Kenda has become a global leader in tire and rubber production, producing a diverse line of high-quality rubber products for automotive, light trucks, bicycles, motorcycles, ATVs, trailers, golf carts, lawn and garden, wheelchairs, agricultural vehicles, roofing and more.
2018 sees Kenda continue to expand its R&D, Production, Marketing, and Sales influence. Ten factories are spread across Taiwan, China, Vietnam, and Indonesia; employing over 10,000 and are capable of rolling out more than a million tires and tubes daily for sale into multiple markets including the passenger car, auto spare tire, lawn and garden, trailer, RV, utility, agriculture, bicycle, motorcycle, all terrain, utility terrain, and wheelchair markets. Kenda’s manufacturing facilities are all ISO registered, operate maintaining the highest quality standards and consistency in materials used in its manufacturing processes, while utilizing lean technologies and efficient processes.
Each factory works in conjunction with the R&D centers that are located in key markets. Having engineers, chemists, and material scientists who are intimately involved with how tires will be used is a critical component to producing world-class products. Leading the way in R&D are the Kenda America and Kenda Taiwan Technology Centers. The two centers do more than develop tread pattern; they are designing next level production techniques along with compounds and textiles to revolutionize tires.
For Kenda, it doesn’t matter where an idea for a tire comes from or who the end user is, every Kenda product is engineered for performance, durability, and value – Designed For Your Journey.
- Kenda was founded by a former elementary school teacher in 1962, and remains to this day a family owned company.
- Kenda ranks as the 24th largest tire manufacturer in the world.
- Kenda factories are located in Taiwan, China, Vietnam, and Indonesia
- Yuan-Lin, Taiwan
- Yun-Lin, Taiwan
- Shanghai, China
- Shenzhen, China x2
- Tianjin, China x2
- Đong Nai Province, Vietnam x2
- West Java Province, Indonesia
- Kenda America Technology Center in Akron, OH has a staff with a combined total of more than 250 years-worth of tire design and engineering experience
- Across all factories and tire and tube types, Kenda can produce in excess of 1,000,000 tires and tubes daily.
- American Kenda Rubber, the North American headquarters in Reynoldsburg, OH, was established in 1992 and employs more than 60 people.
- Kenda Europe was in 2013 and has offices in Übersee-Feldwies, Germany, south of Munich.
- Kenda employs more than 10,000 staff around the world.